Thursday, May 03, 2007

DISAPPOINTMENT



Years ago, I went out to visit Pike National Forest near Deckers, Colorado. My friend Mike and I hiked most of the day looking for a campsite we had been to before. After some hard work, we found it, and I have this picture. The huge rock behind skinny young me is sheep mountain. The land was lush and green and you could forget you were 40 minutes from the city. Fast forward 10 years and wanting to impress Mrs. Bop and Lil Bop, we go to Deckers for a hike. I didn't check it out on the internet or ask some locals, I went solely based on a memory of that hike with my friend. And this is what we found:


That is Sheep Mountain behind Lil Bop and Me. About 3 years ago, this place burnt to the ground. I was so excited to show the family a cool place in the national forest and all I got was sticks. We spent all of maybe an hour out there. I was so disappointed but learned a lesson. Check it out before you go. Hopefully, the next hike will be better.

3 comments:

JACK ARMY said...

Well, you guys look great even thought the trees don't.

Jenn said...

It is Great to see you back to blogging was just giving your sister a hard time about you needed to come back now that we see Jack Army is back to the net!

Katy said...

Uh, you are not quite as skinny in the second picture...LOL of course I have no room to talk.