Wednesday, October 03, 2007

FISH OUTTA WATER!

After climbing Mt. Sneffels, Gman and I rested in Ouray (soaking sore feet in a freezing stream--much needed). Mrs. Bop, Lil Bop, and the Ma-in-law went to Durango to do some shopping and we all met up at the house in Rico after lunch. So after climbing a 14er, how to relax? How about a little fishin? Gman and the Ma-in-law watched Lil Bop while Mrs. Bop and I headed down to the Dolores River which runs right through town. After walking around a bit, I settled on fishing upstream from a small bridge to a neighborhood. As we moved closer to the bridge, we found a friend.

Wish he was mine. He was very friendly, but five minutes later, he was gone. I wanted to fish just to relax and unwind for a litte bit before dinner. I wasn't expecting to catch anything. But, after two or three casts, I had one on the line.

The wife was so impressed. I'm a stud.
So, 13 day tally: 4 lakes, 1 river, 3 fish, 1 hangover, 1 concert, 1 mountain.

No comments: