Sunday, April 20, 2008

DID I MENTION MY KID IS A ROCKSTAR?

Lil Bop = Rockstar, v. 2.0: This Saturday was to be a day of Dbop fishing solo. Nice quiet day with no distractions except where to be a trout slayer. As I moved around the house in the morning, Lil Bop woke up and asked me where I was going. After she found out I was going fishing, she wanted to go. So, it became a father-daughter bonding trip. We started the day with breakfast burritos and a drive up Clear Creek Canyon. We stopped a few times to fish Clear Creek, but neither of us was having any luck. It was tough to find a good spot where both of us could fish near each other. After a tough start, I decided to head for the Blue River Inlet to Lake Dillon. A friend of mine recommends the spot, and now so do I. It had plenty of good spots that we could fish near each other and plenty of fish. I caught two small trout, while Lil Bop made history with her first catch. She did all the work. The only things Dad did were to get her rod ready and tell her where to cast. Otherwise, she cast, hooked, and reeled in her first fish all by herself.

1 comment:

JACK ARMY said...

She looks like she was exstatic! That is really cool.

Have fun, bro.