Sunday, September 09, 2007

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS 8/24/07

After struggling through four days of work (I took Friday off), I took off to Steamboat Thursday night to meet up with some friends. We drank a little that night, and after some grocery shopping in the morning, we finally did some fishing. We went up on top of Rabbit Ears Pass and fished Dumont Lake. We parked about 200 feet from the lake, walked to the first spot we hit water and started fishing. After a while (with no bites), we decided to move around the lake. After two hours and a good hike, we were right back where we started. It was pretty windy and there was lots of grass in the water along the banks. The first spot we fished was blocked from the wind by trees and had a nice drop off close to the edge. It ended up being the best spot on the shore. I had my first catch in Colorado followed about an hour later with my second.

So, 7 day tally: 4 lakes, 2 fish, 1 hangover.

No comments: